LICENSE The philosophy of the Process of Bologna foresees a more flexible higher education curriculum. It allows the student to leave the university in any of those 3 cycles to start a job, and return at any time to continue his studies. The first cycle is the License. At this cycle can access the possessors with a baccalaureate diploma. According to the Process of Bologna, the higher education is going to focus on both studies, which represent a change and reorientation of thinking from a system based on personal and guided towards the input on a student – centered system and guided towards the output. The qualifications which signify the completion of the first cycle are awarded to students who:
- Demonstrate higher knowledge and competences in the field of study;
- Apply professionally the knowledge obtained in a field;
- Demonstrate the capacity to argue and solve the problems from the field of study;
- Have the ability to collect, interpret and analyze relevant data (usually from the field of study), as well as to expose the reasoning in accordance with the social, scientific or ethic relevant aspects;
- Can communicate information, ideas, problems and solutions to the specialists and non-specialists.
- Developed their competences necessary to continue the studies with a high level of autoinstruction.
The duration of License higher education ( Ist Cycle), years and credits:
- Full-time education – 3-4 years (depending on the chosen faculty), with 180 – 240 study credits;
- Part-time education – one more year than the full-time education, 180-240 study credits
- Distance education – one more year than the full-time education, 180-240 study credits
- For each professional formation field the number of study credits is the same for all forms of education: full-time, part-time and distance education.
- For the graduates of general schools, during the transition period, the university organizes a year of completion of the studies, which is not quantified with credits. These students have subjects from the lyceum curriculum, in order to create conditions to pass the baccalaureate exams.
- For the graduates of Colleges who continue their studies in the first cycle of higher education institutions, the reduction of the study duration will be based on the acknowledge of a certain number of credits accumulated in College.
- For the graduates of higher education institutions who require to change the field of professional formation, the reduction of the study duration will be based on the acknowledge of a certain number of credits accumulated at the first faculty.
- At the International Free University of Moldova, the Academic Year starts on September 1st and ends on July 1st.
- The Academic Year is composed of 2 equal semesters. The duration of a semester is 15 weeks.
- The exams duration is 7 – 8 weeks per year.
The International Free University of Moldova organizes 3 additional sessions for those who want to pass their debts: first decade of September, first decade of December and first decade of April. Quantification of the Academic Year 1 year – 60 credits 1 semester – 30credits The total number of credits for the part-time and distance education is divided proportionally to the number of years of study. MASTER At the Master program are admitted the students with a License degree. It is possible to change the field at the master cycle if the applicant accumulated 30 credits (included in 180 or 240 credits) in the license cycle at the subjects in the applied field. For example, to follow a master program in economics after studying in the informatics field, from those 180 accumulated credits, 20 credits have to be in the computer science field. The Master degree foresees a deep specialization in a certain professional branch. The duration of the degree is 2 years. During these years the student has to gather 120 credits. The first year of master can be considered an year of vocational training, but the second one is an year of research, of deep theoretical preparation, which will allow the student to access to Doctor Cycle. The students’ didactic activity is based on approved study plans. They pass exams like in the first Cycle – License, and at the end of the two years the students write a Master Thesis which includes the results obtained during these years. The Master programs proposed by the International Free University of Moldova are original, both the specialization field as well as the curriculum content. The qualifications which signify the completion of the second cycle are awarded to students who:
- Demonstrated higher knowledge and competences accumulated in the first cycle. These knowledge present the base or the possibility to develop the originality of the ideas applied usually in the research field;
- Can apply the knowledge and the accomplished competences, abilities to solve the problems in new or unknown circumstances in wide or multidisciplinary contexts from their field of study;
- Can use the knowledge to solve the complex problems, give opinions including the reflecting of social and ethic responsibilities.
- Can make rational and clear conclusions for the audience of experts and the ordinary audience.
- Possess aptitudes which permit them to continue independently their studies.
DOCTORATE The students are admitted to the PhD program with the Master Diploma. The Doctorate is the university cycle of research by excellence. The duration of the cycle is 3 years full-time, and 4 years part-time. The doctorate studies are not credited. The applicant is admitted to the PhD program according to a file. The qualifications which signify the completion of the third cycle are awarded to students who:
- Approved systematic understanding, aptitudes and research methods of the field;
- Approved abilities of conception, design, implementation and modification of the research process;
- Are able to carry out a critical analysis, an evaluation and a synthesis of new ideas;
- Are able to do a specialty knowledge exchange with their colleagues, with an audience of savants, and with the entire society.